Kate did a really great job with the powerpoint template. She immediately and accurately used our feedback to match our expectations. We're very happy with the outcome and would definitely recommend her.
Great experience. Great skills and quick service!
Great work. Responsive. Understood our requirements to translate a great design .
This design simply blew us away and that is rare. Jan quite simply brought the idea of a magazine in email to life. I've never seen it executed in such a way. BRAVO!
Jeff did what nobody else could do. So very talented. He pays attention to details, listens to when changes are requested and works fast. I never felt like I was waiting on him
How ialleny started their other design journey
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
School Safety Software
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Provide a floor plan / map of a school floor with individual classroom highlighted with the room number and phone number of the room. I will provide the google earth image of the school and the floor plan of the class rooms. I need a simple, visual appealing .JPG image of a single class room. eg if a floor has 20 rooms on it, i will need 20 .JPG images each one highlighting the room. I have attached a sample to work off of. On each plan, there needs to be 1-3 exterior doors highlighted.
Your graphic/map is going to be displayed on an tablet and/or laptop in and ambulance or fire truck. So the visual aesthetics of your design are key. Schools are made up of confusing corridors and mazes. So WHOLE purpose of your design is to get the emergency personnel to the room that called 911 without being familiar with the school.
He is some general feed back and directions:
1) The map has to be on the google earth overlay. IT HAS TO HAVE the street name from google earth on it. (going forward, we will provide the
2) Door numbers out side the floor plan on the google earth image are important. Each school will have 2 to 4 doors that can used for entry into the school. The map has to show the door number in a way it will stand out. (i have these in green in my attempt to design the layout)
3) Sorry no pop outs or room bubbles. The room just needs to be highlited on the map with the room and phone numbers on it.
4) the trick on this project and the reason I'm turning to you guys is:
You have to dump down or clean up the floor plan so it is accurate (not to 100% scale) but visually correct enough / appealing to someone can look at it in 5 seconds and know how to get to the class room from the access door. (you don't have to worry about drawing lines from doors to each class. For this just assume its going to be door 1 and the 9778.
Here are some guide lines for your design:
1) the floor plan has to fit on the overlay over the school building in google earth.
2) take out all the nooks and crannies from the floor plan. Whats important are:
a) The Rooms
b) The Doors - all doors that exit the building or are on a hallway, the closet door in class room or any room is not important. All doors in a hallway not mater what they are for ARE VERY important to show. Because a dispatcher will say to the EMT entering the building. " go in door 5, then the class room is 7 doors down on your left"
d) Stairways - The small stairs on this plan isn't really that important, what is important will be is when we have multiple floors to school and they are entering into the building on floor 1 and
going to a room on floor 3. That might be when we use a pop out.