Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco seeks a bold, fun illustration for our Kentucky Derby-themed casino night fundraiser, called “High Stakes.” The event is hosted by the Habitat Young Professionals, a group of 21- to 40-year-olds who care about affordable housing, giving back, networking, and having fun.
We want the design to showcase what a fun, unique event this is. Audiences in the Bay Area have a lot of options when it comes to spending a Friday night out. What makes High Stakes special is that it’s a night to dress up, enjoy free food and drinks, dance, and play at casino tables with friends – all while giving back to the community. We want them to feel excited about the possibility of a memorable night out with friends.
Our Brand and Business
• Who is Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco? Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco is a nonprofit that builds affordable homes and sustains affordable homeownership opportunities through home repairs, community renovations, and park and garden beautifications in Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo counties. You can learn more about Habitat Greater San Francisco at http://www.habitatgsf.org and http://www.facebook.com/habitatgsf.
• Who are the Habitat Young Professionals? Habitat Young Professionals (HYP) are a group of likeminded Bay Area residents (age 21 to 40) who come together to build the next generation of Habitat Greater San Francisco's supporters and leaders. You can learn more about Habitat Greater San Francisco at http://www.habitatgsf.org/hyp and http://www.facebook.com/hypgsf.
• What is High Stakes? High Stakes is an annual High Stakes casino night fundraiser hosted by Habitat Young Professionals, with proceeds going directly to Habitat Greater San Francisco’s mission of home building and repairs. You can view photos from past High Stakes events on our Flickr page at https://www.flickr.com/photos/habit…155735504/
• The objective of this project is to create a cohesive illustration that aligns with this year’s theme: Kentucky Derby.
• The design is easily repurposed across different platforms and content types.
• The design helps attract attendance of target audience to this event.
• Both men and women between the ages of 21 and 40 who reside in the Bay Area. This audience is professional, community minded, and has discretionary income to spend on a $100 event ticket.
• Wider audience who is interested in community building, affordable housing, and fundraisers
How will the illustration be used?
• Print: Adapted for the sponsorship packet (see sample in attached documents); Postcard invitations; Woven into signage at the event
• Digital: Facebook banner, Twitter banner, LinkedIn banner, Facebook graphic, Twitter graphic, LinkedIn graphic, Instagram graphic, Email header, Website header
*Please ensure that the design can be easily repurposed for different aspect rations and the platforms/content types as listed above. Ideally Habitat staff would have access to the design file so they can incorporate the illustration into different collateral pieces themselves.
You can get creative with this concept! For some examples of last year's design and the James Bond-themed event, please see the attached documents.
File details: A vector design would be great. A raster design is fine too, we just ask that it be relatively high resolution/size. The image will be printed on a banner as large as 3' wide.